Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Makeup review: Tarte Cheek Stain

  This is the first of many makeup reviews that I'll be writing. I chose the Tarte Cheek Stain to start off with because it's the product that I have a crush on at the moment. I'm a huge makeup junkie, so be expecting a lot of these. I'll tell you first thing that this product is like heaven in a tube. It has become my favorite blush of all time. (Better than MAC or Nars, which were my favorites beforehand.) I went to my local Ulta, and one of my good friends Sara recommended it to me, so I decided to try it out. I did a swatch on my hand with the tester before buying it, and the color was just gorgeous, and the consistency was impeccable. It was so smooth and silky to the touch. I have it in the color "Tipsy" which is a coral peach color, which are my favorite shades of blushes for my porcelain skin. Picture a lighter version of MAC's "Style" blush but as a stain. The pigmentation on this product is amazing, and it's really build-able. I apply mine with my fingers right under my cheek bone, and it just glides on and blends really easily. This stain is able to give you a really natural look as well.
  Another thing that's great about this product is the packaging. They make it with a twist off lid and like a push up pop. I have always loved how Tarte's packaging is simple and easy to take with you. The shade selection with this cheek stain ranges from berries, to pinks, to corals. Something for everyone. (I want them all.) They're all scented, but personally I don't think that lessens the quality of the product. Usually when makeup products are scented, it makes the product seem cheap, but definitely not in this case. The scents are really pleasing. "Tipsy" is supposed to be apricot scented, but it smells like lemonade to me.
  Another plus is that this product is antioxidant rich and naturally pigmented with minerals. Paraben free, too! This product comes in a smaller travel size for the girl or guy that likes to take their makeup with them. (I do that all the time. You never know when you'll need a touch up.)
  You're getting 28.4 grams (1 oz.) of product for $30 if you decide to buy this. Which is a lot of product for the price in my opinion. It'll last you for a really long time. Overall, I give it five stars.
  You can buy this product wherever Tarte products are sold. (Ulta, Sephora, tarte.com)

Cheers,
Georgia Bevard xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment