Saturday, March 19, 2011

Album: "Grown Unknown" by Lia Ices

  This album is one of my most recent purchases. I was in Hastings the other day and picked up the latest edition of Zink magazine and in the music section of it, discovered this album. The reviews were mixed, only receiving 3 stars, but I went straight home and previewed the album anyway. I loved it right from the start. If you like the singer/songwriter genre and songs that are soft and pretty, this is the perfect album for you. The acoustic guitar and piano sound mixed with violins and wind instruments creates this harmonious melody that reminds me of peaceful sceneries and flowers. That sounds lame, but it does. It's really different than what I've been hearing lately, and I like that. It made me feel refreshed musically. I don't find many albums like this these days that I like entirely or sound this good. I'd definitely recommend previewing it and buying it. (And check out Zink magazine too.)
  My favorite track on the album is "Daphne" so far. This is a great road trip album for me as well. I always lean towards soft acoustic sounds while traveling. This album will definitely be playing on my drive to Colorado and other places this summer. It'll make the scenery seem even more vivid. Definitely check it out. I give it 4 stars.

Cheers,
Georgia Bevard

No comments:

Post a Comment