Sunday, March 27, 2011

Album: "Lust Lust Lust" by The Raveonettes

  This is one of my favorite albums of the moment. I'll start off by telling you that it's fantastic and to definitely check it out. I fell in love with The Raveonettes a few years ago and recently re-discovered them and downloaded more of their songs after seeing a new song of theirs featured on rcrdlbl.com. (Check that site out by the way. I get a ton of free music from there. They have almost every genre.)
  Another reason I looked into this album was because of the summer playlist I just made and published on here. "Blush" by them is on the summer playlist, but my favorite on the album is "With My Eyes Closed". I have it on repeat as I'm typing this. So good. The sound of this album, to me, is a mixture of lo-fi, indie rock, and dream pop. There's a mixture of smooth, lo-fi guitars, soft tambourines, intense drum beats, and dreamy vocals.
  The best way I can describe it is perfect. It's the best album for summer and for anytime, really. I can't think of a time when I wouldn't be in the mood to listen to this album. Hearing it come on when my itumes is on shuffle is almost like a relief. I can't emphasize how much I adore this band. The lyrics and vocals are fantastic as well. I always lean towards music that has this sound and vibe to it. The Raveonettes are one of my go-to bands for good music. I know everything they put out is going to be great. ("Love in a Trashcan was my myspace profile song for so long. RIP myspace.) Definitely one of my favorites. I rate the album five stars.
 
 Cheers,
Georgia Bevard xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment